Friday, March 15, 2013

Christmas in July

Well, a Christmas book in July anyway.  Arlo grabbed his favorite Santa Claus book and joined Zoe on her bed for a little reading time.


 Zoe is clearly enthralled in the plot line of "Can You Make Santa Giggle?".


 I remember my vet telling me years ago (pre-baby) that my Zoe-girl would pass "the 2-year-old test" (he had a 2-year-old at the time, so he's an expert!). I worried that she would be several years older by the time we actually had a 2 year old to test her with and would she still be able to handle it.  She's been an "only child" for many, many years after all. 


 But I am proud to say that my almost-14-year-old dog (!) tolerates my almost 2 1/2 year old child amazingly well and always has.


 I think having been a college dog and lived through many moves, many human and animal roommates, and lots of change, she has learned to cope with anything that comes her way.


 Once storytime is over, Zoe is back to lounging on her bed...this is how she spends at least 20 hours a day.

 

 But she's 14, I think she's earned it!


Hopefully she will adjust easily to being bumped one spot lower on the totem pole once baby brother arrives. :)



- Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment