Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Silly face

For several months now, we've caught a glimpse here and there of this super silly weird face that Arlo makes, usually when he's really excited about something (most often a dog).  But it's been elusive and never actually caught on camera.  Until now. 


Are you kidding me?  How funny is that?!  How can this:


And this:


Even be the same kid??

Anyways, it makes us crack up everytime we see it, so now the face is not so elusive.  He knows he'll get a reaction when he does it so we see if often and he'll even do it on command. 

I don't know where he learned this face.  My mom says my sister or I used to do the same thing and she called it the "smurf face."  Don't know why.  What do you think?


I call it Silly Face or Scrunchie Face. 

To get the full effect, you have to see it on video.  It comes with sound effects: he breathes in and out loudly through his nose.  Wanna see?


What a silly guy.  It's so fun to see his personality continue to develop.  Lately he is all giggles - everything cracks him up. 

Speaking of giggles, I saved a bunch of money with coupons at Walgreens today, so I figured I'd waste that savings on one of those stupid little impulse buys you see at the registers.  I'd been eyeing one for a while now; they are called "Happy Pills."  Appropriate, huh?  So I finally brought one home...here is the reaction it got:


I know, I know, I know...this is going to get REALLY old very fast.  But it makes me laugh and it makes Arlo laugh and it freaks our dogs out, so I figure one of them will pull the guts out and we'll be rid of the maniacal laughter soon enough.  Or maybe Arlo will slam it down on the floor a few more times.  :)

Love, Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment