Thursday, June 9, 2011

Extreme Couponing and Birdwatching

Forgive me, I am sneaking in one little non-Arlo-related post (although he did help me do the shopping!).  Let me start by saying I have never seen Extreme Couponing on TLC (although I admit I've seen most other shows on that channel, including Sister Wives).  I work in retail; I get as annoyed as anyone else when someone comes up with 25 coupons (and then pays with a check to boot).  BUT...I got all this stuff for about $47, which is about 70% off the retail price. 


This is stuff we use every day (except the ice cream I guess; that was a treat).  It includes 2 tubs of formula that run about $25 a piece.  Apples, almonds, razors, deodorant, Chex mix, formula, feminine hygiene products, DIAPERS, body wash, oh my.  I did go a little crazy on the body wash...there are seven bottles of body wash there.  But hey, they were practically FREE and it'll get used...eventually.  ;)


Also, here is an update on our little birdies.  They are getting SO big!  If you click on this picture to enlarge it, you can see this little guy (or gal) was looking right at me. I got another picture of one of them sitting on the edge of the nest, but somehow I deleted it by accident.  I thought it would have jumped out next time I checked, but he was snuggled right back down in the nest with his sibling.  Maybe they'll learn to fly the same day Arlo learns to crawl.  ;)


Check back later tonight or tomorrow...working on uploading some super cute videos. 

Love, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment