Tuesday, February 28, 2012

First day of school

 Since Arlo is still too young for me to embarrass him, I snapped a few quick pics when I dropped him off for his first day of school.  This was the easy day!  He was thrilled to be there and hardly even noticed when we  left.  Day 2 went similarly.  It was days 3 and 4 that I think he realized I was going to leave him there for the WHOLE day!  Those mornings were tough.  He cried off and on for 30-45 minutes according to his teachers.  :(  



Now it's more than a month later, and he's doing MUCH better, although he still cries when I leave.  I think it is totally for show - his teachers say he stops within a minute or two.  I'm probably not even to my car by that time.   


He is definitely learning social skills and other things that I couldn't teach him at home with just occasional playdates.  Besides the crying, the major downside has been the back to back colds.  Almost the whole time he's been there.  But I guess we expected that.  He handles it in stride so it's not too big of a deal.  


 
So we're encouraged that we've found a good place for him.  Every day now I get better and better "reports".  I'm a proud mama!
 
-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment