Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Our pal, Hunter.

Well, I've finally made it around to our summer trip to Linville in August last year.  My good friends from undergrad, Sue and Brian, and their sweet little boy, Hunter (who I introduced you to here), came with us for a weekend.  We had the BEST time and made lots of memories - you'll see about a million pictures below.  It's strange that the timing worked out this way because today, March 26, 2013, should have been Hunter's 2nd birthday. It is unfathomable that he's not here to celebrate it with his adoring family and friends.  Hunter passed away in his sleep from an unknown cause on October 15th, 2012...another important birthday in our lives. 

I'm so thankful for every second I got to hold him and cuddle him and feel him lay his head on my shoulder when he was being shy or coy.  I'm so thankful I had the chance to watch him grow and learn and develop his own sweet, curious personality.  I'm so thankful he was lucky enough to have been born into a family who loved him more than anything in the world, cherished him, and gave him the best life any little boy could wish for.  I'm so thankful to know he always felt loved.
 Hunter, we all miss you so, so much.  



































"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, put me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." 
- A.A. Milne (Author of Winnie the Pooh)

1 comment:

  1. We never had the privilege of meeting hunter and his family, but I think of him often and say a prayer for him. He sounded like such a beautiful and sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete