Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend fun

We had BEAUTIFUL weather in Durham this weekend!  It is so exciting to see little signs of Spring all over the place.  (Although it's a little too early for the signs of SUMMER...like the fact that it reached almost 80 degrees on Friday!)  But the weekend was refreshingly cool, but warm in the sun...just perfect.




Both days we met up with our friend Casey at a disc golf park here in Durham.  Arlo and Charlie love getting out for some DG together on weekends - and they have a standing Wednesday date with Casey - but I can only tag along on my off-weekends, so I try to take advantage.  Yesterday, I tried out my Moby wrap with Arlo facing out and he loved it!  (Darn it, why didn't I get a picture?) Today, we left him in the stroller so he could nap.  It amazes me that he can sleep while being rolled over logs, rocks, roots, ditches, branches, and piles of leaves, but he does! 




After disc golf, we had lunch and a couple beers outside at Foster's here in Durham.  Arlo loved looking around at all the people and dogs.  I stole this picture from Casey (hope he doesn't mind!).  What a fun day!



Lately, Arlo loves trying to stand up!  He obviously needs lots of help, but he has strong little legs and can support himself pretty well for a little guy. 






Look at these big blue eyes!  How incredibly gorgeous is he?! 



Mommy made peanut butter cookies this afternoon.  Arlo was chilling in the kitchen with me with his glass of lemonade.  ;) 



We tried rice cereal again this evening.  It is so funny!  He opens his mouth like a little baby bird, but doesn't always remember to close his mouth afterwards and swallow it down. 










Overall, it was a great weekend with my boys!

Love, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment